I love having fresh flowers around my home! My favorite way to treat myself is to pick up a bouquet of blooms at the grocery store every other week. My go-to flowers are usually hydrangeas (and peonies when they are in season), but lately I have been loving roses. The scent of roses is my favorite!
I always try to maximize the life of the flowers so that I can enjoy them for as long as possible. I picked up a few tips along the way and have rounded them up here below:
- Keep your flowers as cool as possible prior to arranging.
- After bringing your flowers home, re-cut the stems at an angle upon arranging them. (Make sure that your scissor or clippers are clean and disinfected).
- Remove all foliage that may come into contact with water. The water will stay clearer, and it also helps to avoid the buildup of bacteria.
- Make sure your vase is disinfected and clean.
- Add clean, room temperature water to the vase, along with flower food.
- Keep flowers out of direct sunlight.
- Change the water every few days, if possible.
- Recut stems as needed, but not too often.
I hope this was helpful! I’d love to hear which flowers are your favorite to have around your home in the comments below!
Shop the Post: